Domaine Chanson was founded in 1750 in the reign of Louis XV by Simon Verry. It is one of the five grand "shippers" of Burgundy's Côte d'Or, a region steeped in centuries-old tradition and viticultural history. Verry was allowed by the city of Beaune to use the 'Bastion de lOratoire', cleared of weapons and other objects hailing from military history of the structure, to shelter his wines, its 8-metres thick walls ideal to protect wines from sunburn and winter bites. It has been expanded twice over the years and today holds over 10,000 bottles.
The Chanson estate produces over a quarter of its own fruit requirements, with other grapes sourced from growers selected according to their commitment to quality in alignment with Chansons quality Charter. The vineyard soil is ploughed to encourage the vines to extend their roots more deeply and therefore better express the typicity of the Terroir. All the grapes are hand-picked at optimum maturity. Chanson has represented the best of Burgundy for more than 250 years.