De Kuyper Royal Distillers started life in 1695 by Petrus De Kuyper as a manufacturer of barrels and casks for the transportation of spirits and beer. His son, Jan, acquired a distillery in 1752, becoming the biggest distillery in Rotterdam under the guidance of his sons.
Over the years the De Kuyper range has expanded to encompass a wide variety of flavours. The distillery's connections to the ports of Rotterdam and Schiedam brought the finest flavourings, peels and fruits allowing the De Kuyper distillers to conduct endless experiments with various drinks.
In 1995, on the occasion of its 300th anniversary, the company received the title 'Royal' from Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands, and the company changed its name to the one we know today, De Kuyper Royal Distillers. Today, De Kuyper is the 9th oldest family business in the Netherlands, the world's largest producer of cocktail liqueurs and has exports to more than 100 countries.