Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle Iteration No. 26 Champagne is the 26th release of Grande Siecle. Vintage Champagne is often synonymous with excellence in Prestige Cuvées. To the contrary, Laurent-Perrier take a different approach, in their belief that only the art of assemblage can offer the best expression of the perfect year. The perfect year is defined as an inherently great champagne, with long ageing potential and over time develops depth, intensity and aromatic complexity, whilst at the same time retaining freshness and vibracy.
To create Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle three exceptional years that have complementary characteristics are chosen from among the rare Laurent-Perrier vintages.
A majority of the grapes are sourced exclusively from a maximum of 11 Grands Crus within the 319 Crus of the Champagne region.
It takes a minimum of 10 years ageing on lees in the Laurent-Perrier cellars for standard size 75cl bottles and longer for 1.5 litre magnums, thus delaying their release by a few years.
Assemblage of vintage years:
2012 (65%), 2008 (25%), 2007 (10%)
Iteration No. 26 is composed primarily of the 2012 vintage, with the 2008 vintage consisting of a quarter of the blend and 2007 a tenth.
• 2012: winter and spring frosts had an impact on yields, which were rather moderate. The dry, sunny summer produced wines of great finesse with elegant and balanced Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs with red fruit aromas.
• 2008: the cool, sunny summer produced complex, well-structured wines for an outstanding vintage with high quality Chardonnays and Pinots Noirs revealing exceptional aromatic richness.
• 2007: a warm spring, the effects of which were mitigated by a mixed summer, revealing straightforward wines with a beautiful freshness that will keep over time, with Chardonnays having complex aromas of white and citrus fruits and Pinots Noirs with aromas of yellow fruits.
8 Grands Crus:
• 58% Chardonnay from: Mesnil-sur-Oger, Oger, Cramant, Avize.
• 42% Pinot Noir from: Tours-sur-Marne, Ambonnay, Bouzy, Verzy
Colour : A white gold colour with delicate and persistent bubbles
Aroma: A very complex nose which mixes honeysuckle, lemon, clementine and fresh butter aromas, followed by notes of hazelnut and a touch of honey
Palate: The attack in the mouth is very delicate and fresh with candied lemon and fresh hazelnut aromas. The palate is silky and mineral with notes of honeysuckle, flaked almonds and clementine
Best served between 10°C and 12°C.
The bottle comes presented in a black Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle branded box.